Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tuesday May 13

Hello to those of you that may still be with us.

What a gorgeous spring day. I hope you got outside to feel the warm sun.

I said I would update you on the visit to our family physician yesterday. Believe it or not, it was great to be there. The nurse, Kathy, is so personable, sweet, bubbly and efficient. She's always smiling. And sometimes our doctor seems like more of a friend than our doctor. He's extremely smart and always knows the right thing to do. Brock was one of his first patients when Brock came to Fort Wayne 18 years ago. I think the whole time, Brock and the doctor have been teasing back and forth about Brock losing weight. Well, finally he has and the doctor said he looks great. That's really a compliment and I know it made Brock feel like a million bucks.


We talked a lot about the surgery and how we are all thrilled that it went so well. Not only that the surgeon could complete the surgery, but that the cancer was removed in it's entirety. The high blood pressure and fast heartbeat is a puzzle. He decided to put Brock on a low dose beta blocker, hopefully it won't be permanent. We will go back in 6 weeks. It very well could be caused by all this stress on his body and mind. Brock took his first pill this morning and said he thinks he might already feel better. Maybe not quite as fidgety. I don't know if blood pressure can drop in a day with one pill, but we will have it checked tomorrow to see if there is a change.

Today I took Brock to Wendy's to meet his coworkers for lunch. I used the excuse to see one of the grandkids. So we drove one to school and took the other to lunch with us. He was very well behaved and just loves being with his Grandpa (and Grandma :)

Brock pretty much slept off and on the rest of the day.

Hmmm, my blog seems to be getting boring. I guess that's good news.

Please continue to pray for Bill, our brother-in-law. He was having such severe chest pains they had to give him blood thinners and now he cannot have surgery possibly till Monday. It was so bad yesterday, he could only lay flat on his back or he had chest pains. They finally inserted a nitroglycerin IV drip and now he feels a little better. Brenda said all 4 arteries are 100% blocked.

We visit the radiologist on Thursday. I will sign on to let you know what the outcome is.

Thanks to everyone for all the compliments on this blog. I'm glad you have enjoyed it. They always say putting things on paper is therapy. It certainly has been for me. Someday I hope to meet each and every one of you. Your prayers and support has brought us to where we are today.

Our God is an AWESOME God!

With love,
Chris

No comments: