Sunday, May 4, 2008

Here he is!!


Hello to everyone!
Here is the man of the hour, on his way home. That's my father pushing him out of the hospital. Believe me, he would've been walking if they would've let him. My dad was a rock during this whole hospital experience. He was beside us every step of the way and we appreciate him and love him dearly.
This is the time to thank all of you for all you've done. In no particular order, prayer, mowing our lawn, prayer, cleaning my house, prayer, bringing the grandkids to see us, prayer, taking our garbage out to the street, prayer, taking me to lunch, prayer, staying with Brock late at night when I couldn't be there. Cards, emails, phone calls and good wishes and visits. Being there for both of us and pouring out your love to us. And especially to our surgeon, his knowledge, expertise and ability, afforded us this opportunity to grow old together. We are so grateful. We love each and every one of you.
We are very tired tonight. I will write tomorrow and go into more detail when my mind is clearer. Right now I just want to sit beside my husband, with his remote in hand and watch whatever HE wants to watch on TV.
As we drove out of the circle drive of the hospital, with tears in our eyes, we thanked God for this beautiful spring day, for the flowers and trees blooming, for the glory of life. We will cherish every day He gives us. Then we turned on the CD and played, "Our God is an AWESOME God."
Sleep well and have a great week.
Love,
Chris

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are celebrating your homecoming with you!! We are thrilled that you are able to be home to heal and that you are doing so well. God is SO good!! You both are so strong, so brave and so blessed!
Sleep well!
Love,
Dan, Tara and Mallory :)

Mike and Sue Carmichael said...

Praise God!! Put a little meat on those bones now.