Thursday, May 29, 2008

Breathing the long awaited sigh of relief !!

Hallelujah!

We heard the words directly from the oncologist himself, no chemo!

Praise the Lord!

Brock is a cancer survivor! What wonderful words!

The oncologist said, "You are a lucky guy." Brock replied, "I am blessed."

It's been 5 weeks today since the surgery. A very long wait for the final answer to our (and your) prayers.

We realize this illness could very, very easily have had a different outcome. We don't know why God blessed us with this clean bill of health. I don't think he's finished with Brock yet. Leading up to the surgery, I just felt, deep within me, that it wasn't Brock's time to go. Not to say I wasn't scared out of my wits.


One thing I have learned from this traumatic experience. Don't be afraid to die as long as you are right with the Lord. In watching Brock's attitude and the peace that came over him, I really believe God makes everything alright. Further evidence of this occurred on April 8 when my step-mother, sweet Betty died. I watched her take her last breath and although it was heart wrenching to watch, she was at peace. I do think dying is worse for those left behind.


Thanks to everyone for the prayers, concern, cards, flowers, letters, gifts and most of all your friendship.

This is my final blog. I hope you have enjoyed reading about our journey as much as I have enjoyed writing.

Feel free to call anytime if you'd like to check on Brock.

Side note to my sister, Paula, "time to publish".

Brock and I close singing.....

Our God is an AWESOME God!

With love always,
Chris

No comments: