Sunday, May 4, 2008

Day Ten Mid-Morning May 4

Well, here it is 10 days out. When we originally saw the surgeon and he explained the Whipple Procedure, he had told us to expect 1-3 days in ICU and 10 to 11 days in the hospital, so needless to say we are hoping to go home today. He hasn’t been in yet to give us the word.

I didn’t write yesterday, not because it wasn’t a long day cause it was.

On Friday night I got to sleep about 10 pm. At 1 am Brock called. He was awake and sounded good and said he was doing ok. At 2 am he called again. I wasn’t back to sleep yet. This time he asked if I would come, he couldn’t sleep, couldn’t get comfortable and I think he was just plain lonely, so I pretty much just left the house. Didn’t take anything with me, (computer, lunch, etc.) He was sound asleep when I got there. I soon realized he seemed to be sleeping about 10 minutes at a time. I found out what he means about a dungeon. Why is it everything seems worse at night? As the sun rose, our hospital room looked bright and perfectly comfortable. I’m realizing now, I probably should’ve moved on into the room before now. It might have helped more than I know. I didn’t sleep very well at home anyway.

When the doctor was in, he said Brock could probably go home tomorrow (today, Sunday). He wanted to watch the drain that was showing infection, although nothing had come out of it for quite some time. They removed the drain on the left side and all the rest of the staples. He went to pills instead of shots for the meds he is still on. (pain meds are, motrin and darveset. He is finished with the nasty narcotics).

No fever at all on Saturday. He went on soft foods instead of just liquids. Oatmeal, crème soups, puddings, ice cream. He is tolerating them very well so far.

I will stop here as the morning is getting quite busy on the floor. A lot of noise and interruptions.

Hopefully I’ll be writing from home next with Brock there with me.

Our God is an AWESOME God!

Happy Sunday to you!

Love to all,
Chris

No comments: