Thursday, May 1, 2008

Day Seven Late Morning May 1

Good Morning to anyone that might be checking Brock's update today,

The surgeon was just in, but before I tell you about today, I'll mention the night's escapades.

I received a call from Brock at 1 a.m. He had another reaction to meds. This time it was most probably Ambien. He woke up to another new nurse (I'm guessing in the week we've been here we've seen at least 50 different RN's, LPN's and NA's). He thought she was keeping him captive in his room and by golly, he was going to find a way out. And he did. He disconnected himself and was moving on down the hall when one of the gals he recognized said, "Brock, where are you going?" So no more sleep aids.

He is doing real well with the new pain meds, not complaining about pain at all. I arrived here at the hospital at 6:15 am and he kept me hopping till 8:30 when he had a 45 minute nap. He shaved himself in the bathroom, walked a bunch, had his sponge bath :) sat in the chair, sat on the bed, walked some more, ate some breakfast, (broth and juice). Whew, the man wore me out!

Now to the doctor visit. He got the NG tube out!! Praise the Lord, he looks great! And it feels SO good to him. Like I said, every day something else disappears. Also he might get a few of the staples out probably today. I became bold again and asked the doctor approximately how many days we're looking at before he goes home. (I just don't want them springing it on me suddenly.) He said 2 or 3 more days. So he should be home by Monday. And to think today was the original surgery date. Oh yes, the National Day of Prayer is today. I pray for good health for every one of you. You are precious to us.

They brought a scale in and at this point he hasn't lost any more weight. We don't want to have to buy an entire new wardrobe. :) Some of you might not know that from the time he had flu like symptoms starting on March 12 till the day of surgery, he lost 25 pounds. It would be nice to stay where he is now.

Yesterday afternoon he had some fever, so the doctor is putting him on an antibiotic.

My Dad mentioned that we just keep getting answer to prayer. Amen to that!!

I better go for now before I get interrupted. It's hard to find a chunk of time to write except late when I get home and I'm also a morning person.

Our God is an AWESOME God! (I hope no one is tired of Brock's song yet. :)

Everyone enjoy this wonderful spring day.

With love,
Chris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brock looked great today!!
Tim's recovered from seeing the incision. :)

Mom your awesome and putting in some LONG days at the hospital. Once he's home it should be much easier.

Love your daughter