Saturday, April 26, 2008

Day Two Saturday Evening April 26

Well, it's now been 48 hours since the surgery was finished.

When I last left you, I was heading back to the hospital for an evening visit. I ended up staying almost 4 hours. Brock waited a little too long to ask for more pain medication and was having quite a bit of pain. He just could not get comfortable. The bed seems too small to me. He is 6' 1", I don't know what really tall guys do.
Evening is not Brock's best time even under perfect circumstances, so I have to realize he will always feel better in the mornings.

Today the nurse told us that today or tomorrow will be his worst day.

Since the surgeon told us the next 5 to 7 days are critical, I'm not really going to be comfortable till next Thursday, which is the National Day of Prayer.

So, there is not really a lot to report. He sleeps on and off through the day, sits in a chair 2 or 3 times a day.

Tomorrow I think the epidural will come out, so things will change a bit. Possibly he will start taking a few steps.

I have a message to you all from Brock. "God Bless" and hopefully in a few more days he will be up to seeing some of you.

Keep praying for his healing. Not only day by day, but hour by hour.

Brock hasn't heard his favorite song now for 3 days, so this is for him.

Our God is an AWESOME God! He reigns from Heaven above, with wisdom, power and love. Our God is an AWESOME God!

Love to all,
Chris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, We will continue to pray for Brock daily !! I wanted to let you know that...when I told the kid's about uncle Brock's sucessful surgery....Ashley ran upstairs... and started playing Our God Is An Awesome God (Rich Mullins) song.......and has been playing it daily. We Love You All!!! God Bless You...

Love, Lisa