Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Last work day - Tuesday April 22

Hello to all of our caring friends,

I hadn’t planned to write today, but feel that I need to put down on paper a feeling that came over me today. Suddenly, in an instant, as I was coming down the stairs this morning, my fear was washed away. I almost felt joy in my heart. The only way I can explain it is, either Brock’s wonderful attitude has finally rubbed off on me, or all the prayers being said for me got through and the Lord Himself gave me peace. Not that I’m not nervous about this whole thing, I wouldn’t be human if I wasn’t. It’s just a feeling inside.

The Scripture coming our way is overwhelming. One after another, Brock will say,
“Oh, we need to put that one on the blog.” Although I can’t put them all on the blog, some key verses that have been meaningful to us are the following.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Jeremiah 33:3
Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.

One co-worker sent the following which Brock enjoyed.

He is the healer of all of my diseases, and by his stripes I am healed.
You can only see the dust when the devil takes off.

Brock finished his last day at work, for how long, we just don’t know. We hope and pray it is the shortest time possible.
Brock wants to thank fellow workers at Brotherhood. You have all been a tremendous blessing to him over the last few weeks. The words of encouragement, cards, calls, prayers and support from co-workers and the agent force has been a big part of what God is doing for Brock and the whole family. Many of you have put Brock on the prayer list at your church and we realize this covers almost this entire country. Overwhelming just doesn’t cover it!

And also family, friends, neighbors, church family and even those of you that we have never met and don’t even know, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
One family member told me, “I wake up during the night and can only think, “Brock.” As that thought turns to a prayer we appreciate it.

Our Father, Who Art In Heaven, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will Be Done…….

We sure hope you enjoy the song added to our blog. Thanks, Jill; your technical knowledge cannot be equaled.

Tomorrow Brock will start his cleanse, I have the magazines ready. :)

I’ll try to get with you again before Thursday.

Until then…
Our God is an AWESOME God!
Chris

2 comments:

terrylb63 said...

Brock and the family are in our prayers, may Gods strength carry you all through the coming days! This was included in a devotional I received this morning:

He wrote: "I urge you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me" (Romans 15:30). "Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should" (Ephesians 6: 18-20).

The New Testament was originally written in Greek and sometimes looking at the original definitions of the words can give us great insight. The Greek word Paul uses for struggle in Romans 15:30 is sunagonizomai, which means "to struggle in company of; i.e., to be a partner (assistant), strive together with." The root word means "to endeavor to accomplish something: fight, labor fervently, strive," for example, to compete for a prize or to contend with an adversary.

Prayer for another person is not simply a nice platitude or a pat on the back. When we tell someone that we will pray for them we are agreeing to put on the armor and head to the front lines of battle on their behalf.

In Him,
Terry Bullard - The Cushenberry Agency

Anonymous said...

Your overflowing optimism has been a breath of fresh air, and wonderful encouragement for the past few weeks. Tomorrow, as well as through the whole experience, many prayers will be said for you, and the Lord will be by your side. I love you Dad!